NetApp HCI is designed to deliver a public cloud consumption experience with simplicity, dynamic scale, and operational efficiency to hybrid multiclouds. With NetApp Kubernetes Service running NetApp HCI, infrastructure and cloud architects can seamlessly access industry-leading services from any third-party cloud provider, run them on their premises, and mix and match these services to optimize resources for specific workloads and applications.
Empower your organization to move faster while reducing costs with NetApp HCI. Easily manage and run multiple applications with the predictable performance that your enterprise and customers demand. Scale compute and storage resources independently so you never use more than you need. And deploy in minutes with a turnkey cloud infrastructure that eliminates the complex management of traditional three-tier architectures.
Traditional IT environments can’t match the pace of change in modern enterprises, and that’s why a hybrid cloud platform is a key element in the hyper converged infrastructure transformation. Combining the capabilities available in the public cloud environment with a modern, on-premises cloud platform eliminates the restrictions of a traditional IT approach, creating a business-relevant infrastructure to meet the demands of business stakeholders, end users, and developers.
Hybrid cloud environments enable organizations to rapidly develop, deploy, execute, and protect next-generation applications through a flexible, hybrid cloud infrastructure that reinforces the value IT brings to the business. Over time, most enterprises plan to embrace a hybrid cloud model, in which IT becomes a broker of services, whether hosted in the private cloud or sourced through external cloud providers. As a first step, the majority of IT organizations today are focused on building their own private clouds.
NetApp HCI is the ideal platform for private clouds in a multi-hybrid cloud environment.
- Supports multitenancy at extreme scale with shared physical infrastructure
- Provides predictable, provisioned, guaranteed performance for disparate, consolidated workloads
- Lets you keep ahead of demands efficiently; you can add physical storage and compute resources easily and modularly
- Reduces licensing costs due to lessening the “hypervisor tax” along with per core app licensing costs (especially for tier 1 software such as Oracle and MS SQL Server)
- Lets you leverage existing investments in servers and storage gear; NetApp HCI is “open” in that it allows you to attach that equipment as you like
And now, NetApp HCI with Cloud Data Services
- Brings you on-premises cloud services in your data center with:
- NKS: that provides an automated Kubernetes deployment engine, Application Marketplace, and application orchestration — with NetApp HCI as a deployable region.
- Cloud Volumes: ONTAP powered on-premises on-demand shared file systems managed through NetApp Fabric Orchestrator. High-performance persistent storage, delivered through a streamlined and simplified user experience, in all major public clouds, now extended on-premises with NetApp HCI.
- Cloud Insights: Correlated complete compute, network, and storage stack and application monitoring, alarming, and analysis.
This is a paid post by NetApp for promotion of Build Day Live! event. This post was created by Cyndi Gutowski, NetApp Product Marketing Manager.